FOF/SSGPF Setup (How-To)

The latest happenings around SSG Professional Football
Mike Lowe
Site Admin

FOF/SSGPF Setup (How-To)

Post by Mike Lowe » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:43 pm

I. How do I get the league file up and running?

1: Open FOF8

2: Go to the Controls-Participants Menu (note: All setup commands for participants that follow are under this menu).

3: Run the "Enter New Career" function. When prompted, enter the following info:

League ID: ssgpfxxx
Team Name: Your chosen team (this may be a psuedonym unless you have already manually altered the team names file in your global FOF8 setup. In this case, choose the psyuedonym)

4: Select "Begin Without Draft" and OK.

5: Enter the FTP Info sent to you in the introductory email and hit OK. This will create your ssgpfxx directory hierarchy, as well as your teams Q file.

6: Download the frc.zip package (Click here).

7: Copy or extract the contents of this file to C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Local\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football Eight\leagues\ssgpfxxx\

8: Run the "Import Game Files" function.

9: Select Participant and the ssgpfxxx league, then Open. At this point, you may need to re-enter the FTP Info you already entered in the previous step. This will open the game.

10: Enter the team password sent to you in the introductory email and press OK.

11: Run the Import Configuration function. This will set you up with original team names and banners for the SSG Pro Football League.

12: Once complete, close the game and re-open (you should see the imported configuration at this point).

13: Run the Restore Career function. This may take a long time. Save the game. You are now set up and ready to go!

II. How do I export and upload my team's file for the next advance?
  • 1. When logged in as your team and with the Multi Player game open, you can export your file by clicking on "Controls->Participants->Export Stage File." You may be prompted to enter in the FTP info again that was sent you in your welcome email. These settings will save after your first export.
III. How do I import a league file from within the game?
  • 1. When logged in as your team and with the Multi Player game open, you can import the most recent league file by clicking on "Controls->Participants->Import Game Files." You may be prompted to enter in the FTP info again that was sent you in your welcome email. These settings will save after your first export.
IV. How do I get the real logos to appear in my game?

You should be able to acquire these simply by running Controls->Participants->Import Configuration. If this does not work, follow these steps:
  • 1. Download the pictures.zip file here.

2. Extract the contents of the pictures.zip file to this directory: C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Local\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football Eight\leagues\ssgpfxxx\

3. You may have to restart FOF for the images to appear.
Steam ID: Mike Lowe SSG

Los Angeles Angels
2015: 81-81
2016: 93-70, AL West Champions, AL Pennant

Michigan Wolverines
2015: 7-6, Bowl loss
2016: 10-3, Bowl win

Detroit Lions
2015: 11-5, lost 1st round
2016: 9-7, lost 1st round