Commissioner Proposals 2017- Contract Buyouts

The latest happenings around SSG Hockey
panthervca

Post by panthervca » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:37 pm

SSG Commissioner Proposals 2017
1) Player Buyouts
Effective immediately you may request to put a player on waivers for the purpose of being bought out. We will allow 1 buyout per offseason per Human team to start for the 2017-2018 season and come back to this rule next year once we have some experience with it.
This is only available in the offseason.
Here are the steps involved:
-Put the player on unconditional waivers in game and export
To do this right click on the player and select buyout rights
There will be an in game message asking you to Place the player on unconditional waivers, select ok if you wish to proceed.
-Please make a forum post to let me know. You can also DM me on slack or send an email.
If I do not see a forum posting I will not process the buyout. (it is my intention to make a subfolder on the forums for this on the SSG Hockey League)
-Export your game. Be aware I cannot tell you beforehand how much money will be going against the cap.Your Buyouts/Retained Salary will update after this is complete. It is roughly ⅓ the contract each years spread over double the length of the contract bought out in testing.
*DO NOT RELEASE THE PLAYER YOURSELF*
You will take a much bigger cap hit.
*DO NOT TRY TO DO THE ABOVE STEPS YOURSELF*
The game will just put the player back on your roster due to a bug for online play and give you a cap hit ( I found this out from personal experience)
*BE WARNED* The buyout cannot be processed sometimes if there is an unread message in the Human GM’s inbox in game. I may have to delete all messages for the GM to process. There is no way around this currently.
This is not a free buyout, we do not have free buyouts.It will count against your cap
Buyouts will only be allowed in the offseason following the conclusion of the Stanley Cup final until the beginning of the pre season in game.
The cap hit is approximately ⅓ of the contract each year over double the remaining year
Lastly let’s wait for the draft to finish before going ahead with this.
SSG Baseball: Miami Marlins
SSG Hockey: Vancouver Canucks & League Commissioner
SSG Pro Football: Jacksonville Jaguars
SSG College Football: Arizona Wildcats
SSG Basketball: Toronto Raptors

patrik.lovberg

Post by patrik.lovberg » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:47 am

There is a built in "free buyout" in the game on 1st of July 2017 that is coming. Can we still use this one even if it's stated that there is no "free" ones?

I'm for what the majority say but personally I've counted on this one in some moves made and would vote on us being able to use it.

Damon22

Re: Commissioner Proposals 2017- Contract Buyouts

Post by Damon22 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:25 pm

I don't plan on buying out a contract, but I don't have a problem with others doing it. I do think it should cost something because that's the way the NHL worked it in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pickle22399

Post by Pickle22399 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:50 pm

I agree with this proposal.
2016 NHL Entry Draft - Present : NHL Florida Panthers

panthervca

Post by panthervca » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:31 am

I am unsure if the free buyout actually works in game for multiplayer. From my past memory after the 2nd NHL strike teams got 2 free buyouts to use within 2 years of the new CBA. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compliance_buyout
I don't think we have a "free" buyout in our league. I have never heard of it before in our league to my memory(but its hazy at times). In the interests of keeping the game stable and not messing around I believe this system is the best way to go. I am open to putting it to a vote to have 1 free one though if enough people want it.Basically I would have to just edit the player off the team I believe.

techlego

Post by techlego » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:49 pm

I'm fine with this for this season. At what point can we start and how long do we have to make a buyout? Does it have to be completed before preseason, regular season, or whenever we want?

KevinG

Post by KevinG » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:45 pm

I am thinking of buying out a contract, so I am ok with this option.

Let us know how to proceed if we choose to elect to buyout a player.

Thanks
Kevin

panthervca

Post by panthervca » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:40 pm

You have from the start of the offseason until the start of the preseason I believe to do this,but I would recommend doing it as early as possible.

kurtains

Post by kurtains » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:19 pm

i would like to buy out carl soderberg