Miami and Toronto

Post agreed upon trades. Trades will be finalized by the commissioner once all parties have agreed
jakapono24

Miami and Toronto

Post by jakapono24 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:44 pm

We are happy to announce a trade...in two parts!

Part 1:

Miami receives:
P - Austin Brice - MLB
1B - Matt Dean - Dunedin Blue Jays (A)

Toronto receives:
$1.00 Cash

Part 2:

Miami recieves:
$1.00 Cash

Toronto recieves:
P - Austin Brice - MLB

So this deal my look very strange to some, but the reason why Brice must go to Miami and back to Toronto is because he was a rule 5 pick. I like Brice, but I want to develop him as a starter in AAA. In order to do that I had to make a deal with Nigel so that the rule 5 roster protection could be removed. From my perspective, Matt Dean is a solid prospect at a position where we have depth, so he was expendable. It was a tough price to pay for just the ability to send someone down, but Brice looks like a future mid-rotation guy if it all works out. Thanks to Nigel for the smooth talks and welcome back! Good luck with Marlins!!

Nigel_MarlinsGM

Re: Miami and Toronto

Post by Nigel_MarlinsGM » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:54 pm

jakapono24 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:44 pm
We are happy to announce a trade...in two parts!

Part 1:

Miami receives:
P - Austin Brice - MLB
1B - Matt Dean - Dunedin Blue Jays (A)

Toronto receives:
$1.00 Cash

Part 2:

Miami recieves:
$1.00 Cash

Toronto recieves:
P - Austin Brice - MLB

So this deal my look very strange to some, but the reason why Brice must go to Miami and back to Toronto is because he was a rule 5 pick. I like Brice, but I want to develop him as a starter in AAA. In order to do that I had to make a deal with Nigel so that the rule 5 roster protection could be removed. From my perspective, Matt Dean is a solid prospect at a position where we have depth, so he was expendable. It was a tough price to pay for just the ability to send someone down, but Brice looks like a future mid-rotation guy if it all works out. Thanks to Nigel for the smooth talks and welcome back! Good luck with Marlins!!
Miami confirm, I probably would have liked Brice back but settled for a reasonable 1B for nothing instead. For some reason the previous GM left me with hardly any decent 1B's, I even had to sign one for the Marlins as they never even had one
GM Miami Marlins
(since June 2nd, 2017)

nigel3123@gmail.com

PaulDenyer

Re: Miami and Toronto

Post by PaulDenyer » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:10 pm

PROCESSED
Paul Denyer

SSG Baseball Co-Commissioner

GM of Red Sox, Patriots, Flyers & Eagles
2015:(BOS) 88-74 ALE Champs & AL Champs (NED) 10-6 AFC Wild Card
2016:(BOS) 79-83 (NED) 9-7 AFC Wild Card