Reds GM

The latest happenings around SSG Baseball
LarryRedsGM

Reds GM

Post by LarryRedsGM » Thu May 07, 2015 9:19 am

My name is Larry Linke and I am the GM of the Reds. My first message to the league is to ask for help. I am having a helluva time getting the league files installed and operational. I kept Michael on a computer chat last night for 30 minutes and we decided I should uninstall the game (had previously installed it in desktop, don't ask) and install it in documents. I did that and it seems fine. Here is where I stand.

If I go to documents the game "OOTP developmental" is there as a file with no listed size. I click on that and I get OOTP Baseball 16 as a file with no size. I click on that I gt a bunch of files with no listed size. I click on saved_games and it is a dat file with the league file there.

The league file was there 3 times. The first one was ssg-baseball.tar as a GZ file. It had 175 MB. When I clicked on it on hte top of my screen in a toolbar like setting teh words Compressed folder tools appeared. I click on that and Extract shows up. I click on that and various files on my computer show up including the league files show up in a light gray color and it won't let me click on it. I deleted that file and went to the second league file.

The second league file is the same ssg-baseball.tar file. It has a small red icon to the left of it. When I click on it everything happens that happened in the previous pragragh.

The third league file has the same name with a file with a zipper in it. When I click on it it turns into the league file with the small red icon.

I am using Windows 8.1

I really thought everything was done right and was surprised when the league file was not in my game under load game.

Please send all suggestions to RangersMetsFan1@aol.com.

thanks in advance

Larry

Mike Lowe
Site Admin

Re: Reds GM

Post by Mike Lowe » Thu May 07, 2015 11:30 am

For starters, even after the game is "Installed," It's still not completely ready for use, and certainly not ready for file browsing as a lot of elements get installed upon first starting up the software.

So here is the ideal order of things:

1) Uninstall your cruddy install (already did this it sounds like, but feel free to try again if need be)
2) Ensure the ENTIRE OOTP xx folder is deleted from C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\Out of the Park Developments
3) Download the latest version of OOTP and install to the DEFAULT location (don't change anything)
4) Upon finishing the install, the game should automatically open. This is when the game will finish the install, essentially.
5) At this point, feel free to open the game up and look around. It should be fully functional and patched to the most recent version (check bottom of opening/splash screen).
6) Manually download the league file for this league.
7) Using any sort of extraction software, extract the contents of the zip file here: (extract to \Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball xx\saved_games).
8) Go to the SSG Baseball directory (C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball xx\saved_games/SSG Baseball.lg) and create a new folder called "settings" all lower case.
9) Download the accountsdata_gms.dat file and save it to C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball xx\saved_games/SSG Baseball.lg/settings
10) Start OOTP
11) Load SSG Baseball (if the folder isn't showing, ensure that you have the ".lg" at the end of the SSG Baseball folder in the saved games folder)
12) Once the league loads, you'll see a screen with all of the GMs. Select your name and enter the password you were sent. You can change this password with your first export.

That's it!

This is all from memory, so hopefully it's 100% accurate!

Lastly, but not entirely necessary, don't forget to install the 20xx All-In-One Add On mod if you want real facegens, minor league logos, etc!
Steam ID: Mike Lowe SSG

Los Angeles Angels
2015: 81-81
2016: 93-70, AL West Champions, AL Pennant

Michigan Wolverines
2015: 7-6, Bowl loss
2016: 10-3, Bowl win

Detroit Lions
2015: 11-5, lost 1st round
2016: 9-7, lost 1st round

strzepeksc

Post by strzepeksc » Thu May 07, 2015 6:09 pm

WinRAR works best as an extractor for the zipped files.....free on the internet to download

BlcknGld18

Post by BlcknGld18 » Thu May 07, 2015 6:20 pm

Took me 3 days!!! I feel a bit better I wasn't the only one.......
Phil Macicoce
Colorado Rockies (World Series Champions 2016)
Georgia Bulldogs - Football (10-2 SEC East Champs)
Calgary Flames (42-30-8, 3rd in Pacific)
Pittsburgh Panthers - Basketball (23-12, Sweet 16)
St.Louis Rams (2-14)
Millwaukee Bucks (29-53)

jcioffi21

Post by jcioffi21 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:34 am

I get to step number 8 and it says i need Norton Studio. Is this right or is it my computer? If you guys have an easier way please let me know

Mike Lowe
Site Admin

Post by Mike Lowe » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:17 am

Creating a folder activated your virus software? This is why I haven't used ANY sort of virus protection for about 10 years! :)
Steam ID: Mike Lowe SSG

Los Angeles Angels
2015: 81-81
2016: 93-70, AL West Champions, AL Pennant

Michigan Wolverines
2015: 7-6, Bowl loss
2016: 10-3, Bowl win

Detroit Lions
2015: 11-5, lost 1st round
2016: 9-7, lost 1st round